Saturday, March 5, 2011

BAD HABIT (Apology)

You know how you can know something, but at the same time you don't? Well Its kind of like that.

Lately, I've found myself practicing an extremely bad habit. I've been complaining a lot. Well I've been doing it for a while and lately I've been noticing it. I mean if anybody asks me how Im doing my response is usually, "Im Doing Excellent. Can't complain" but I haven't been thinking about what I've been saying. I've been complaining about work, complaining about school, complaining about life, complaining about being single, and on and on. I thought it was justified but here's the real deal. My life isn't what I want it to be because of no one but myself. 

-I can complain about No hours at work or a low pay rate all I want
but, I haven't tried hard enough to change the situation.
-I can complain about being single all I want
but, I haven't made the necessary preparations to make myself ready for a relationship.
-I can complain about still being in school all I want,
but, I honestly can't say that I've buckled down like I should have.
I can't even start to complain about my entertainment career not taking off because I haven't worked half as hard as I should have until recently.

The way I manage my time, my money, my energy, all of that is my responsibility. Nobody else manages any of that for me. If I'm in a situation I don't want to be in, then I need to change the situation.

Now there are things that I complain about that I can't change...so why complain? In retail, you have to deal with lazy, too-dependant, rude, inconsiderate jerks (Mostly customers. LOL) I can't change it so why complain? I either need to change the situation I'm in, or adapt.

When I first moved out here to NC, someone gave me a golden opportunity. One that not many people get. Why? Because that person saw a potential in me that I haven't even seen until recently. To that person, I am ashamed to say unintentionally and unknowingly, I have been letting that opportunity pass me by. That same person told me "there comes a time, when you stop TRYING to do it, and you JUST do it" I'm doing that now.

 Its a metaphor that has been used many times before but I'm taking the lion approach. A lion see's what he wants and gets it.

I'm capable of unlimited possibilities if I just go for it. But Like I said before. 2011 IS MY YEAR!!! WATCH AND SEE WHAT I DO!

No comments:

Post a Comment